||Beef noodle soup
|Traditional food from
||10g porcini mushrooms|
150ml boiling water
6 spring onions
350g rump steak
1 clove of carlic, crushed
1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1.2 litres of beef stock
45ml soy sauce
60ml dry sherry
75g egg noodles
75g spinach, shredded
Salt and pepper
||1. Break the mushrooms into small pieces, pop into a bowl and then cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.|
2. Shred the spring onions and chop the carrots into 5cm long pieces (long, fine strips). Trim any fat off the meat and slice into thin strips.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the beef until it browns (add a litle more oil if needed). Remove the beef and rest on kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
4. Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions and carrots to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add the beef stock, the mushrooms and the water that they soaked in, soy sauce and sherry. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
6. Break up the noodles slightly and add to the pan with the shredded spinach. Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the beef is tender. Add more seasoning as needed before serving.