400g of carrots 1 big onion Vegetable broth (powder) about 2 tablespoons 1 heaped teaspoon of cumin-powder 2 heaped teaspoons of paprika-powder Chilli powder 1 teaspoon coriander-powder Salt & pepper to taste Olive oil
1. Peel the onion, roughly chop it. Pour enough oil in your soup pan to almost cover the bottom, put on medium heat and start frying the onions with a pinch of salt.
2. Meanwhile, wash the carrots, take off the top and bottoml and chop them in quite big chunks. You don't need to peel them if you've washed them.
3. Add them to the onions, add the spices and stir for a while. then add the broth-powder and add enough water to cover the vegetables so that they are júst under water.
4. Boil until the carrots are soft (the larger the chunks, the longer it will take). Then liquidise everything together.
5. Season with pepper, salt and chillipowder, add a little extra oil, mix and serve.