3 ripe avocados 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 onion finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 green chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced 50g butter 25g plain flour 900ml chicken stock 150ml milk 150ml soured cream Salt and pepper
1. Quarter the avocados. Remove the stones and peel and discard. Cut off a few thin slices of avocado and put them to one side for the garnish. Brush with a little of the lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
2. Roughly chop the remaining avocado and mix it with the remaining lemon juice.
3. Cook the onion, garlic and chilli in the butter until softened. Reduce the heat, add the flour, cook for 2 minutes stirring. Add the chicken stock and milk stirring all the time. Bring to the boil, add the avocado and seasoning, then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Blend in a liquidiser until smooth.
5. Return the soup to the saucepan and over a very low heat stir in the soured cream.
6. Pour into individual bowls and garnish each serving with the reserved slices of avocado.