|Traditional food from
||1 large leek or onion|
2 medium tomatoes
750ml chicken stock
25g long grain rice
1 teaspoon of curry paste
A few drops of chilli sauce
A squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
||1. Peel and chop the onion or leek, fry in hot butter until soft, but do not allow to discolour.|
2. Skin, halve and de-seed the tomatoes.
3. Add to the onion, then stir in the stock blended with the curry paste.
4. Bring to the boil, add chilli sauce, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, sieve if required then pour back into the saucepan.
6. Add the rice and with the lid on the pan, so the liquid does not evaporate, continue cooking for another 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.