500g white fish (use a mixture such as cod, rock, salmon etc with skin left on 300g shrimps and prawns (either or both) 1 litre of water 2 medium onions 2 medium tomatoes 50g butter A pinch of saffron Salt and pepper
1. Skin fish, shell prawns or shrimps - put the skin and shells in the water with the saffron, peeled and chopped onions and chopped tomatoes.
2. Add salt and pepper, then simmer steadily in a covered pan for 30 minutes.
3. Strain the liquid. Onions and tomatoes may either be left out from this stage or rubbed through a sieve then added to the liquid. You could liquidise the onions and tomatoes seperately and then add them.
4. Cut the fish into strips, halve any large prawns, then toss into hot butter and cook until golden.
5. Add the stock, shell fish, salt and pepper and then heat thoroughly.
6. May be served topped with breadcrumbs and chopped parsley.